- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: MyVapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 79 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 20 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Egrip first of the name, with its neat design, its integrated 3,5 ml atomizer, its 1500mAh battery and its compact size had seduced quite a lot of reviewers. Subsequently, the release of an RBA database had finished convincing. However, he missed a little thing very practical: a screen. Today, Joyetech adds this missing element and gives a new lease of life to this superb product. In addition to the beautiful you reserve a surprise.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 46.4
- Product Length or Height in mms: 99.5
- Product weight in grams: 100
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This Egrip is very attractive. Its compact size and shape of small flange ensures a perfect grip. The concept of the integrated atomizer is a very good idea allowing the small dimensions. Finally, the dial with the switch in its center brings a touch of characters to the whole harmonious. To top it off, we have a flawless finish, the paint is of a quality identical to that of the Evic Vt that had really impressed me.
The novelty of this version, namely the OLED screen, has been installed under the wheel and does not denote the overall feeling of reliability.
On the other side, access to the tank filling is closed by a clever chrome-plated valve.
Only downside, its weight compared to its size surprises at first. This is explained by the use of a beautiful steel for the body of the box and Pyrex for the tank. Note however that the use of steel significantly increases the impression of quality that emerges from the beautiful.
A second drip tip, a little more refined and worked would have been welcome to give it a more feminine look for the ladies.
Beautiful she is the naughty! She has a classy and classy side. It is easy to imagine in a suit jacket pocket or in Madame's pocket.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Display of the vape time of each puff, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 0.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
It's not complicated: do you know istick? Well it's all the same, except that instead of a + button and a - button, we have a nice knob to adjust the power. The wheel if you use it in notch by notch will increase the power of 0.1 in 0.1. If you turn it in 4 then in the chosen direction it will increase or decrease the power automatically and you will stop scrolling by pressing the fire button.
So five clicks for it to light up and three clicks to switch from variable power mode to variable voltage mode. The display shows of course the resistance, the level of the battery, the voltage delivered and the power. When we shoot, the time of the puff scrolls on the screen.
A maximum power of 20W is enough to exploit the atomizer of this box and that even if you choose the base RBA. Although I would have preferred a version with ten watts more .... greed when you hold us! 10 watts more is possible here is the surprise.
How is it possible ? Through a simple manipulation to look like "cheat code" video games 90 years ... Which makes us think that certainly the 30 watts version of the Egrip Oled is already planned, and that the 20 watts version is a version constrained by firmware ...
How to change the power of Egrip Oled from 20 to 30 watts in seconds:
- You raise the power to the maximum (20 watts for the moment),
- Then you turn off by doing 5 clicks.
- Finally you will support 30 times on the switch (you do not stop even when it turns on again), at the end of 30 supports you look at the screen and MAGIC hop the 20 of the maximum power turns into 30 !!! You now have 30 watts to explore the subohm capabilities of L'Egrip.
The autonomy is correct with its 1500 mah and the tank of 3,6 ml offers a very honest autonomy.
Access to resistance from the base is simple especially as Joyetech provides you with a nice little tool for this purpose. In passing, this small object is also used to adjust the airflow that feeds the resistance.
Resistance effective, but the latter will have a hard time seducing users of rebuildable. But Joyetech proposes a base RBA which had been born under the reign of its elder. This rebuildable base has a tiny but quite practical tray. The airflow on this basis is direct and rather generous. I would not resistance below 0,6 ohm, the chimney being a little narrow, we are left with a lot of condensation at the conical base that hosts the drip-tip.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Carton full, it only lacks the juice to this complete kit 😉. It is delivered to you in a pretty box, which sports on its front face the picture of the box. The box is therefore accompanied by a wall adapter, a USB cable, two atomizer heads, a drip-tip, and a replacement gaskets. A clear and complete manual will even allow a beginner to use without any difficulty of this small box.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Easy to use, there is no doubt. Transportable without problem. It produces a vape correct, nothing exceptional, but in the good average. In the hand, it's a real pleasure, it's ergonomic, it's nice, we quickly take a liking to this format and this overall simplicity of use.
It is easily filled but, careful, the tip of your bottle should not be too big or you will need to use a needle bottle to ensure a clean filling.
The big black point of this box is the difficulty of cleaning the integrated tank. Indeed, you will need to rinse gently to avoid drowning the electronic part. Then total drying is impossible. So, if you do not have any liquid all day, I think the built-in tank may not be the most practical.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A fiber low resistance inf or equal to 1.5 ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? How to tell you?
- Description of the test configuration used: With atomizer head at 1,5, then Rba base at 0,7 ohm and 1,2 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Base Rba to 1 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
First, we will say that this box has an exemplary manufacturing quality. This aspect is a constant at Joyetech. Its elegant design is undoubtedly its major asset. Added to that is its small size and the originality of the integrated atomizer and you have a very attractive product.
So, there are disadvantages to this type of set-up. The battery is not replaceable, the tank in Pyrex either, so we can imagine many hasty ends possible. Delicate cleaning is also a barrier to use with many e-liquids.
I can not advise you too much to take the RBA base. The airflow pleases me more, it will also be more economical than the proprietary atomizer heads and in addition you can exploit the capacity of madam in subohm.
But how do you say, I know more than one (or elsewhere) who will ignore all these potential problems just for the aesthetic side.
She is very beautiful, I would see Daniel Craig take out one of his James Bond costume if he goes to the vape to defend the cause. This is really a nice object at an affordable price and it must be understood that it is ready to use. I think I found the next little present for my wife !!!
Thanks to MyVapors Europe for this new loan.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.