- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech is reviving its eGrip box, which had its good times a few months ago and 3 versions / evolutions. The II VT 80W is a concentrate of technology, compact and sober, ergonomically worked and reduced measurements.
The main feature of this kit is its versatility. You will use it as is with its proprietary resistors, or turn its box into a "classic" tool with the top-cap adapter, which takes the place of the atomizer and offers an 510 connection.
This concept allows Joyetech, offering a versatile material, to reach a wide range of vapers, from beginner to confirmed, both male and female. The Chinese giant has also planned some fun trivia for lovers of light effects and simple digital games.
The price of this kit is moderate, the quality of manufacture and reliability of the products of this brand are well established and the eGrip II is no exception to the rule. It is also time to be convinced, we go into descriptive mode and test.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24
- Length or Height of the product in mms: 75 (box only) - 99 (box / ato)
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Steel, Delrin, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No (what ...)
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 6 including adapter 510
- Number of threads: 3 (including resistance) + 1 (510 adapter)
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box of the magazine is steel, adorned with a matte black coating (paint). Almost parallelepipedic in shape, its facades are slightly convex and the angles are rounded. The ergonomics are improved by its reduced dimensions: height 75mm, width 45mm for a maximum thickness of 24mm.
It has a juice reserve of 3,5ml. Thanks to its integrated pyrex tank, the juice level is visible by the oblong lights provided on each facade, it is a system called TFTA-Tank (for Top Filling and Top Airflow) designed by Joyetech who will accept only the module atomizer / AFC / drip-tip provided.
The top-cap receives either: the supplied atomizer or the 510 adapter / connector, as here. His brass positive pin is spring-loaded.
The bottom-cap has five degassing vents and a location to perform a firmware reset (factory reset). Two screws allow its opening and access to the LiPo battery for replacement (service advised).
The atomizer / AFC / drip-tip set consists of five pieces (counting resistance), as shown in the photos. The delrin 510 drip-tip prevents the heat transmission of the coil.
The kit is perfectly assembled, the quality of manufacture is more correct. It is a set of solid appearance and charging function of the battery is placed intelligently. The switch is wide, placed closer to the top-cap, it exceeds only 1 / 2mm of the plasticized window that occupies the surface of the functional side. The settings button is positioned vertically down, just above the micro USB port. The OLED screen is an inch 0,96.
The sobriety of the model is respected by the inscriptions eGrip and Joyetech, hardly visible on the facades, I appreciate.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510 - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the power of the current vape, Variable overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? give the time, illuminate the tank (several colors) and contains a game!
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box has the same functional characteristics as the Cuboid mini, which it also shares the minimum and maximum output power values from 1 to 80W. It accepts resistances to the following ranges: from 0.05 to 1.5Ω for VT mode * - 0.1 to 3.5Ω for VW and Bypass modes (protected mecha). Output modes: (adjustable temperature range: from 100 to 315 ° C) VT-Ti - VT-Ni - VT-SS316 - VW - Bypass - TCR pre-adjustable modes (M1, M2, M3).
* VT at Joyetech corresponds to TC (Temperature Control)
The specific security features are also identical and concern almost all the boxes of the market:
Cut after 10 continuous pulse seconds - Short circuit protection (Atomizer Short) - low charge protection of the battery to 2,9V (Weak Battery) - alert in case of resistance too weak (Atomizer Low) - resistance temperature warning is too high compared to VT mode settings (Protection) but you can continue to vape. When the internal temperature exceeds 70 ° C the box cuts to the desired cooling (Device too Hot).
For the myriad of manipulations inherent in the many modes and settings available, I refer you to the user manual which, oh joy, is translated into French. You will lock the settings made by pressing and holding the adjustment button for five seconds, in the middle if possible, and unlock them with the same operation.
You will add a logo to your liking, there is a mode for it, just like a mode to change the color or do without the backlight of the tank, as well as a game mode that will not allow you to vaper while having fun. Bypass mode is protected by the above mentioned security. Let's add that the eGrip gives you the date and time during the vape et time in stand-by mode, but you also have the opportunity to do without all these energy-consuming extras, with the famous stealth mode, or to choose the "off" option of incriminated modes.
The filling is done before screwing the ato by the huge hole that will receive it, do not exceed the line to avoid the overflows always painful to assume when they chose to land on the pants, at the level of the fly especially.
The recharging can be done directly from a USB port of a PC or laptop, or with an AC adapter in all other cases. You can also upgrade the firmware of your box, once connected, here: http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/
The atomizer receives the series of the Joyetech BF resistors to the number of 7, or allows to use the rebuilt M & L BF RBA, supplied and equipped.
The airflow is adjustable (2 times 8 x 1,5mm) by the ring located under the drip-tip, it does not offer in my opinion a sufficient ventilation to vaper below 0,5Ω without risk of overheating. the chimney has a useful exit diameter of 4mm which does not constitute a dimensional resource devoted to the abundant volutes, despite a total output, including aeration, of 7mm diameter.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In a cardboard box with the colors of the brand and the effigy of the kit, you will find of course the kit, and two boxes containing:
- 1 Resistance NotchCoil ™ 0.25Ω DL
- 1 resistance BF SS316-0.5Ω DL
- 1 head RBA BF M & L
- 1 510 Atomizer Adapter
- 1 drip dip 510 black
- 1 USB / micro USB cable
- 1 notice in English
- 1 warranty card (to be retained to benefit from the guarantee and to validate on the site of the manufacturer).
It's convenient, it's complete, it's Joyetech.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
With his ato provided, and if you are vaping 0,25Ω with the BF NotchCoil ™ I do not advise you to exceed the 45W It seems insufficient in power but beyond, you may be disappointed by the relative weakness of the airflow system which does not provide a convincing aeration and a pleasant vape (overheating). The ideal in my opinion, is to use the BF SS316-0.5Ω DL 35W maxi which has the advantage of reducing your consumption, to offer a vape correct, both in volume of vapor taste restoration, and allows you to enjoy the battery life for the day.
The TFTA-Tank system is absolutely waterproof in all positions, no problem to replace the resistors regardless of the level of juice remaining.
The box is effective but again, you will not use it long 80W because 2100mAh of the battery will dry up quickly, especially if you keep unnecessary electronic effects such as backlight and time standby.
For current use and up to 50W, performance is acceptable, responsiveness and accuracy are the appointment, the box does not heat up, it is reliable equipment and, I hope, durable.
The 510 adapter provides a set-up flush and includes a ventilation from below to adapt the atos that require it.
The instructions clearly detail all the features and settings with explanatory diagrams. A comparative table according to resistance and power is also provided, it gives you an overview of the specific properties of each of them and their consequences in terms of performance and battery life with this equipment. The cleaning is easy but you will take care not to flood the box of water because the sealing of the electronic parts is not guaranteed.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? that of the kit, and any other ato
- Description of the test configuration used: mini Goblin V2, 0,33ohm, 45,5W
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, it's up to you.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The formula of this kit is very suitable for the greatest number. It allows to evolve in his habits or to change his vape. Joyetech confirms its major position in the improvement and adaptation of equipment, this Top is well deserved.
There is a special model with a capacity of 2ml, TPD proof, that is to say if this manufacturer knows how to comply with all the pitfalls sown by official or unofficial critics who try to curb the inexorable progression of the vape.
For now, we are doing pretty well, the proposed equipment continues to strive for safety and comfort, prices are accessible and I can not see the Chinese abandon a current market and potential as that of the EU. I wish importers / suppliers / manufacturers a great deal of courage, knowing that Vapelier will continue to show their positive attitude and will devote all their expertise to supporting their respective activities.
Thank you for reading me, excellent vape to all.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.