- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech declines its products like ranges of automobiles. Thus, after Egrip, Egrip Oled CS, Egrip CL and Egrip VT, the Chinese giant offers the Egrip 2.
The Chinese firm is successful in success and this new version of the box all-in-one can only arouse curiosity.
Once again, Joyetech places its product on the mid-range segment. The ambition of this new Egrip is to offer a hyper-evolutive product capable of accompanying a vapoteur throughout its course. This kind of argument is necessarily very interesting, especially if, like me, monitoring the evolution of the material led you to spend a lot of money and made you fall into a kind of geek-attitude.
So let's check if this new album holds its promise.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24
- Product Length or Height in mms: 99
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material composing the product: Steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Egrip 2 adopts a style always classy. Compact: 99 x 45 x 24 in mm, the Egrip adopts the shape of a pavement with rounded edges and slightly convex facades. Two rectangular looks in the corner of each side reveal the 3,5ml pyrex tank in this classic version (a slightly shorter special version offers a tank of 2 ml ... TPD, you said TPD?).
On the top of the box, a cap equipped with a drip-tip takes the system that Joyetech introduced with the Cubis, so we understand immediately the first novelty of this new version.
On the side, a black plaque hosts a large oled screen that takes place in the center. Above, the fire button, ovoid, is flush. Well adjusted, he is perfectly wedged in his enclave. Under the screen, the bar [+/-], flush too, offers the same level of satisfaction.
Finally, at the bottom of this facade, the micro usb port.
The bottom-cap itself receives the degassing holes and a small orifice labeled "reset".
The painting that covers the box is very good, a choice of five colors is proposed, from classic gray to exuberant bright red.
The Egrip 2 loses the dial so characteristic of its little sisters and sees its size a little increased. But it adopts a slightly higher level of qualitative feeling and remains physically as seductive as ever.
This new version holds for the moment its promises and the continuation should finish to convince you.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510 - via adapter, Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the current voltage of vape, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This new version of the Egrip is more powerful, it can reach the 80W. It sports on its box the mention VT, sign that it embarks therefore a very complete chipset:
- A VW mode and a bypass mode, compatible with resistors whose value is between 0,1 and 3,5Ω.
- A TC (VT) mode that will work with Titanium, Ni200 and SS316 resistors, whose value will be between 0,05 and 1,5Ω. The TCR mode adopts the same limits. The temperature will be adjustable over a range of 100 to 315 ° C. You can also set the starting power.
- The Egrip is of course equipped with all the necessary security.
In the list of secondary functions, there is the setting of the lighting color of the tank (7 to choose), the clock, the setting of the standby, the possibility of putting a logo and even a mini electronic game. The Egrip may undergo updates and we know that Joyetech is not stingy in the field.
The Egrip is equipped with an integrated atomizer which takes all the codes set up with the Cubis. Compatible with all brand BF resistors, everyone will find the one that suits his vape. In addition, the Egrip is supplied with the BF RBA, made to accommodate notch coils.
If you want to use your atomizer instead of the one that is integrated, a 510 adapter provided will allow you to turn the Egrip into a classic box. This adapter is equipped with a floating pin so no problem of "flushitude".
This Egrip 2 receives the best of what Joyetech is able to produce and, according to all these characteristics, we can already say that indeed, it seems that this box is able to suit the greatest number and that it has everything you need to allow a vaper to evolve with it.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Egrip is delivered in a rigid cardboard box, not very original but correct. The presentation is in line with what Joyetech has been proposing for quite some time.
In the box, we find the box, several different resistors, a USB cable, a second drip-tip anti-lift juice and 510 adapter. The manual is in French and a small summary table on the various resistors will give you the best information on the possibilities of the integrated atomizer.
There are optimal conditions of use, energy consumption, juice consumption, steam production and the level of flavor restoration. I like this type of information, it's reassuring, educational and clear.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Egrip is relatively simple to use. I say relatively because we can adjust a lot of things but the instructions are clear, which simplifies the handling.
The different modes of operation make that everyone can find his vape.
The different resistors and the possibility of using its own atomizer really make this box a real Swiss army knife, that's perhaps why they put a clock 😉.
Its compact size allows without worries to consider it in nomadic use especially that the tank of 3,5ml is very correct with the base resistances and a little more just with the notch coil. The filling is ultra-simple, the only rule: do not exceed the limit indicated by the small triangular mark.
The box has a battery of 2100mah, which will be more than enough for a beginner who vape at a power of 15 / 20W with a basic resistance. On the other hand, with a more pointed coil and a power of 40W, the battery will not hold the day.
The vape that spreads the box is totally flexible depending on the consumable and, as I said above, the small table will help you choose your coil according to your tastes. Modular airflow will allow you to adapt the rendering to your level of expertise.
For my part, I found the resistance notch coil very effective, a beautiful production of steam and the flavors are well restored.
In the end, this box is still very attractive, much more versatile than the previous version. It is also easier to fill and the wide access to the tank also makes it easier to clean. A nice evolution in line with the times.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The atomizer integrates is very correct, and then your atomizer prefers in max diameter of 24mm
- Description of the test configuration used: Notch coil, and Griffin 0,4
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: you see, everything is possible!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It's a real winning return for this Egrip 2.
This new version has adopted all the changes that Joyetech has imagined since the beginning of the year.
An ultra-full chipset that offers a wide range of settings. Small options superfluous but quite fun. A progressive box that will fill a maximum of vapers and can accompany a beginner for a long time. From the wisest vape to a vape in sub-ohm, everything is possible with the resistances proposed by the brand. And even if you go around, the 510 adapter opens your voice to other atomizers.
Only his Lipo battery 2100mah seems a little fair, but you can not have everything and would probably sacrifice its compactness to have more.
A great product, a top for this Egrip 2 which will, I am sure, meet a great success.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.