- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 179 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
E-Square is a high-end box of Chinese manufacture. Lost Vape chose the famous DNA 40 gold v5 from Evolv to animate his box. Its price places it in the average of the tariffs noted for this kind of product. I want to say again a box wanting high-end, still the DNA 40, this box brings other than a different design?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 57
- Product Length or Height in mms: 72
- Product weight in grams: 110
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The E-Square is inspired by the design of the "ticket box". A simple, rectangular shape with rounded corners, the large OLED screen on the front, and 3 round metal buttons.
First thing, it is light, 110 g for a double box battery is light, maybe even a little too much which gives a misleading impression of fragility. Second point it is compact, although I admit that the shape close to the square is unusual so a little destabilizing at the level of apprehension as I am used to more elongated or rounder forms.
At first I will say nothing extraordinary, the design is very basic and I did not immediately realize the quality of the materials used, probably because of the color black. But a mechanic friend in his spare time, he immediately told me: "wow! It is beautiful this carbon and aluminum frame is aeronautics ".
Well yes 6061 aluminum is a strong alloy used in the manufacture of aircraft parts and carbon is indeed very good. Anodizing is also of good quality.
The buttons are very responsive and are perfectly adjusted.
The 510 connection spring seems solid and ensures the "flushitude".
The access panel to the batteries slides perfectly and once in place it is difficult to distinguish as it is well adjusted. The housing that hosts them is very clean, but I find that the batteries are a little cramped so to remove the flat screwdriver to lever is essential.
The micro USB socket is at the bottom of the slot that houses the controls. The OLED screen is the traditional Evolv screen.
In summary, a beautiful quality of workmanship, beautiful materials, a box that will particularly affect fans of mechanics.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
What to say, we all know the DNA 40 that this box embarks. So E-Square has all the functions that are usually found on this chipset.
A variable Wattage mode that offers you the ability to modulate power on a scale from 1 to 40 watts, with a resistance value between 0,15 and 3 ohm.
A TC mode with an adjustment range from 100 ° to 315 ° Celsius and accepting a resistance value between 0,1 and 1 ohm.
You will be able to lock the resistance value when you use the temperature control for better vape stability.
The highly readable display shows the battery charge, resistance value, watts and temperature when using the CT.
At the protection level no major concerns, apart from the polarity reversal can be. I saw on Facebook the misadventure of a user who has suffered an instant degassing following the reverse insertion of his batteries. A priori the electronics is not in question since it went back to work after the incident, but it would come from the cradle, now I take this info conditional since I will not try to reproduce that with the model of ready.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This precious box will be provided in a transparent plastic box, simple but correct. This box reveals the appearance of the material immediately. Inside, your box of course, a USB cable winder (that's cool), and the instructions. As usual, you will need help from your English dictionary if, like me, your level of use of this language is about as high as that of the sea. This is a recurring problem. all the more incomprehensible that according to some statistics the French market is the largest in Europe.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Difficult because requires several manipulations
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
E-Square is currently one of the most compact regulated 18650 dual box on the market. So it will be a good companion for those who can not recharge during the day, because the DNA40 coupled to two batteries offers a very comfortable autonomy.
No need to tell you that the quality of vape is clearly at the rendezvous, but you already know it if you had the chance to test this chipset; for others I will tell you that for me the vape on this chipset is a fullness, perfectly regulated and that even if 40 watts is little in front of some competing boxes, the quality of vape of the Evolv is still very impressive.
The only shadow on the board comes from the difficulty in extracting the batteries as they are cramped in the cradle. A small ribbon would have been good to solve this problem.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesis type metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? any atomizer preferably single coil
- Description of the test configuration used: Subtank in tc assembly, Expromizer v2 cotton coil in 0.8
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: associated with a tank of good capacity to ensure a great autonomy
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The E-Square of Lost Vape DNA 40, another high-end box that ships this chipset, which demonstrates a certain supremacy of Evolv on this sector of the range.
The E-Square arrives with a look very close to the famous Ticket Box, a rectangle that pulls on the square, sleek, basic. The aluminum that makes up the frame comes straight from the aeronautics, lightweight, solid is very resistant to oxidation. At first glance, the beautiful seems thin and not very solid, but after a few minutes of hesitation (or as soon as a wise buddy does not blow you, after having had it for a second in the hand) you will become aware of the quality of carbon veneers, and then you will realize that the aluminum frame is not ordinary.
At that time it's fascinating, this box that I found not very ergonomic (because I thought it fragile I was crisp on it for fear that I do not escape), a bit mundane in design, bland limit. I started to consider it differently. Indeed, if we look at it carefully, these clean forms, its quality of adjustment are only used to highlight the quality of materials and coatings. It is very successful.
Its dual battery cradle gives you a very good autonomy, associated with the good tank you hold there, the machine for the long haul.
The electronics are more present, it is one of the "must have" of the moment despite the small 40 watts displayed.
In addition, a large number of colors are available on the market, hard not to find one to his liking.
Note also that for those who would like smaller, it exists in simple accu, which gives it very suitable proportions.
In short, a nice meeting and a little surprise, because frankly I was not super excited to see it on my list, it was really not the kind of box in which I put 179 euros. Not fan of this style that evokes for me the world of tuning, when in fact it's not tuning. No it's more beautiful sports, made with beautiful materials, and very well finished. Sports to the end, your batteries will be so well set in their molded plastic cradles, you will need more than a fingernail to allow you to extract them.
WARNING: Be careful to put the batteries in the right direction. The box does not have protection against reverse polarity so there is a proven risk. Risk that does not exist if you put the batteries as indicated.
Thanks to the Little Vapoteur
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.