- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 44.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 36 to 70 euros)
- Atomizer type: Classic rebuildable
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Reconstructible Classic Temperature Controlled, Rebuildable Micro Coil with Temperature Control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton, Fiber Freaks Density 1, Fiber Freaks Density 2, Fiber Freaks Cotton Blend
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4.7
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The chtulululu, not the Chtullu, the thin Cthulhu, is part of this new family of tank atomisers (RTA) which aims to reconcile the dripper lover with tank atomizers. Made in China by Cthulhu Mod, this product is placed in the average price recorded on this type of product.
This atomizer has a wide range of use thanks to its two mounting plates. Recently, I met the Crius who I liked a lot on the vape plan (less in terms of design). So I'm very curious to dissect this Cthulhu that takes its name from a monstrous entity from the fantasy world of HP Lovecraft and see if it holds the comparison with the Crius.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 57
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 65
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 11
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 5
- Quality of O-rings present: Sufficient
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 4.7
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Given its name, we suspect that our atomizer will not shine by its design. It is true that drawing is not the most engaging. From there to compare him to a monster, if he was an Old God, must not be exaggerated.
The Cthulhululu (I can not get used to it) is quite slender, the Pyrex tank is very exposed, even if it does not undergo too much pressure.
The top-cap staircase gives the impression that our atomizer wears a hat.
The atomization chamber, located at the base, bears a laser engraving representing the monster. On the base, one can of course distinguish an airflow adjustment ring. Above, another ring with a grip is used to adjust the flow of juice.
The ato is completely disassembled and has in the basic kit two decks: one for a simple coil assembly that looks like a subtank base and a Velocity style double-coil deck that looks like the base of the Crius.
As on the Crius, a ring keeps the locks in place, but that of the Cthulhu unscrews, which is a real plus, we will see why further.
The materials are correct, only the transparent joints in place on the bottom and the top of the pyrex tank are fragile. Indeed, during the first disassembly, one of the two adhered to the pyrex and was a little damaged.
The machining is correct in relation to the price. So, for the moment, this literary monster is in equal measure with the Crius on a qualitative level. However, with the second deck, it takes a slight advantage as it allows the Cthulhu to accommodate more vapers by offering greater vape versatility.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 2
- Positioning of the air regulation: Positioning of the adjustable air regulation effectively
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
First thing: the assembly of the coils is very easy, and this on the two trays.
The studs accept wires of good diameter. On the simple coil I used a cable type clapton and I made a coil of 3,5 mm, which seems very correct. On the double, I used kanthal 0,5, I made two coils of 3 mm without any problem, again.
The ring that clips the wicks is disassembled, which allows to install very easily and effectively fiber freaks or cotton. The top-cap, which always looks like a hat, allows a filling from above. We unscrew the port 510 which hosts the drip-tip and so we easily fill the atomizer.
Of course, it will close the arrival of juice with the ring that has a grip at the time of filling. This liquid flow control is effective and will save you in case of bad dosage of cotton, but as often, it lacks an engraving to indicate the direction of rotation for opening or closing. Yet, a little laser shot and hop, the vaper is happy!
The airflow, also adjustable, allows to go from very air to tight easily, but let's be clear, this atomizer is still more made for the air than the tight.
We see that again, the Cthululululu (sorry but I have trouble with this name) is a little better than the Crius and this, mainly thanks to this little tip of the unscrewable holding ring that allows greater comfort for the setting up of cotton. It's not much, but you had to think about it.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
It is not one but two drip-tips that you will find with the Cthulhu. A metal and a plastic, both of average size. There is nothing noteworthy about them.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Cthulhu is presented in a rather soft plastic box. It looks a bit like a box "hardware" that can be found in a DIY department. Failing to be extraordinary, this box is functional.
In addition the kit is complete: two tanks, two drip-tips, two decks. All this for forty euros, I think it's not bad.
Where the table is spoiled is at the level of the record. Nada, nothing, that slab, not the shadow of a manual. It's a shame, the product is very good, not necessarily complicated to understand, but it does not excuse the absence of a guide.
It is true that this product is not intended for beginners, but even a confirmed vaper may need to be advised in the implementation of the atomizer. By this, I mean among other things have coil positioning data, the recommended resistance, the optimal diameter ... In short, for your v3, please us, a note please!?! It pains me to see the note of an atomizer come down for something so obvious and trivial at the same time.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This atomizer is easy enough to live.
The assembly of the coil is facilitated by the easy access to the worktable. The positioning of the cotton is also quite simple, especially thanks to the unscrewable holding ring. The filling is obvious.
The only downside is the adjustment of the arrival of juice blind, without any engraving to indicate the direction of rotation of the ring to open or close. And also, to a lesser extent, the exposure of the tank to shocks, but hey that does not change the excellent performance of Cthulhu. The vape is generously greedy.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? Something that boosts
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problems, I do not recommend it for liquids 100% VG
- Description of the test configuration used: Double coil / 0,45ohm / pre-cut fiber wick classic 2 density and single coil Clapton to 0,6 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I do not know what to say both plateau offers a good Vape although different.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Like the Crius, the Cthulhu does not get the note to have a top ato.
The absence of notice and some minor defects would normally deprive him of this very controlled appellation of origin. But I ignore it for once, because the pleasure of vape is there.
The design is not the most successful, but the technical solutions, ease of implementation and use immediately make this product an excellent quality / price ratio. We also note a complete package, no need to buy optional accessories.
And where the monster wins, according to me, its name, it is on the quality of vape that it offers so much on the production of steam, as for the expression of the flavors. I think it will join my collection unless I find the info of a V3 approach that would correct some of the defects.
But let's be clear, the defects are forgotten from the first puffs. So, let yourself be tempted and adopt a monster, crossing not a squid and an octopus, but a dripper and a tank.
And do not forget : "Phenglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgahnagl fhtagn "
Good luck and thank you to the little vaper
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.