Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: 814 Stories of e-liquids
- Price of the tested packaging: 13.90 Euros
- Quantity: 20 Ml
- Price per ml: 0.7 Euros
- Price per liter: 700 Euros
- Juice category according to price per ml previously calculated: Mid-range, from 0.61 to 0.75 euro ml
- Nicotine dosage: 14 Mg / Ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 40%
- Presence of a box: No
- Are the materials making up the box recyclable ?:
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Glass, the packaging will be usable for the filling, only if the stopper is equipped with a pipette
- Cork equipment: Glass pipette
- Characteristic of the tip: No tip, will require the use of a filling syringe if the cap is not equipped
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: Yes
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.73 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Ah, French e-liquids have the wind in their sails and it's only fair! Indeed, in the current vapology, five nations stand out largely by their juices: the United States of course with a plethora of flasks and different tastes, China which, except for a few rare cases, has remained at the end of all basic enough, Great Britain or easily mix small miracle makers like Druid's Brew and industrial manufacturers like T-Juice, the Philippines who begin to arrive on the European market with juices in the same step steam that their material and finally France, which offers a very impressive panel of manufacturers, wholesale, medium and small and relies on its gastronomic reputation to sell and why not export its juice elsewhere?
814 is a Girondin manufacturer who, like Nova-Liquides, declines the history of France as a concept for its range of juices. It is far from being stupid since our history makes dream a lot of country and is an immense patrimonial richness. The first liquid that I will test for you is the Charlemagne, the name of the great French Emperor, who died, I give you a thousand, in 814! The world is small, the story is small. But this juice promises to be a great future!
The conditioning is very nice. Glass bottle of 20ml, the presence of the necessary information to the consumer, pipette with fine tip, nothing is forgotten to help the vaper to use the product effectively and without taking head.
The strange aspect comes from the available nicotine levels: 4mg, 8mg and 14mg which are rates that are rarely found but after all, why not. There are habits that should be jostled sometimes and no law has (yet) written in marble the famous 0, 6, 12, 18 that we have known so far.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of embossed markings for misleading on the label: Yes
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
And paf, the emperor delivers battle to compliance and security arguments and wins by knockout at the first takeover! Everything is clear, explicit and we are even entitled to a DLUO. It is even a case study and that's good because it is this sacred Charlemagne who has, if not invented, at least worked for the propagation of elementary education. The example is well given by the vial that bears his name, it's perfect!
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in agreement with the price category: Can do better for the price
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 4.17 / 5
Comments on the packaging
There is nothing to criticize about the design of the packaging which, although simple, is made with enough talent and appropriateness to be in the tone and accompany with happiness the story declined by the range.
A sober label shows an equestrian statue of Carolus Magnus, drawn "at the medieval", and serves as a unique ornament for a simple but practical glass bottle. If it is not the find of the century, it has the merit of being sober and good taste.
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of smell: Coffee, Patissière, Blond Tobacco
- Definition of flavor: Sweet, Patissier, Coffee, Tobacco, Light
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me:
It's good to find a gourmet tobacco in the middle of the current avalanche of fruity of all kinds!
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
Just by smell, it perfectly captures the taste of the Charlemagne and saliva in advance, especially when you are, like me, an eternal lover of e-liquids tobacco greedy. At first aspiration, we are surprised by the power of the juice and his hit that goes down in throat. This is probably due to the slight increase in nicotine compared to 12mg / ml that I usually swallow and the use of a base of 60% Propylene Glycol.
We feel perfectly a base of fine tobacco, thin and very slightly bitter, I would say "as it should", that comes round a taste of shortbread, between sugar and fleur de sel. The promised coffee is present but light enough, it is right there to make a smooth transition between tobacco and biscuit. We are not on a strong e-liquid coffee but rather on a delicate and rustic pastry on a background of neutral tobacco.
And the result is impressive. With abundant steam given the VG rate, the Charlemagne is very attractive and inevitably reminiscent of the most beautiful achievements of its kind as the Breakfast Blend for example, not in taste but in style, a greedy tobacco "more" , pleasant to vape and a nice mouthing. The 20 ml held me for three days and I never felt the slightest nausea or the slightest feeling of satiety. Vaper of Charlemagne makes you want to vape Charlemagne !!!! This is certainly due to a simple but finely proportioned recipe, which balances the different elements without ever rendering an outrageous and the coherence of the general taste is particularly interesting.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 17 W
- Type of steam obtained at this power: Thick
- Hit type obtained at this power: Strong
- Atomizer used for the review: Taifun GT, Cyclone AFC, Subtank, Expromizer, Change
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 1.6
- Materials used with the atomizer: Kantal, Cotton
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
The Charlemagne is perfect between 15 and 18W. Even if he agrees to get into the towers, he loses some of its consistency with too much heat that will exacerbate the tobacco at the expense of other flavors. A vaper preferably on an RBA coiled between 1 and 1.5Ω. The GT suits him very well, the Change also, the Expro idem. It will be a little less comfortable on clearo sub-ohm, it is obviously not made for that.
- Recommended Moments of the Day: Morning, Morning - Breakfast Coffee, Morning - Breakfast Chocolate, Morning - Breakfast Tea, Aperitif, End of Lunch / Dinner with a Coffee, End of Lunch / Dinner with a Digestive, All After during the activities of everyone, Early evening to relax with a drink, late night with or without herbal tea, The night for insomniacs
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.58 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
My mood ticket on this juice
Excellent! A true good gourmet tobacco, a little old fashioned, but that comes beautifully awaken a category that was dormant. Well done, pleasant to vape, sweet despite its high propylene glycol but still powerful and full, the Charlemagne is full of the palate but with finesse and without excess. Just what it takes to bait us and make us addicted but not too much to never be nauseating or boring.
This type of balance is difficult to find but when you come to such a result, the challenge is worth it and I want to congratulate the fairies who have looked at the birthplace of Charlemagne who happily opens my general test of the range.
Congratulations for a sincere juice without burrs!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.