Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Kitclope
- Price of the tested packaging: 24.9 €
- Quantity: 60ml
- Price per ml: 0.42 €
- Price per liter: 420 €
- Juice category according to the price per ml previously calculated: Entry level, up to 0.60 € ml
- Nicotine dosage: 3mg / ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 60%
- Presence of a box: Yes
- Are the materials in the box recyclable ?: Yes
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Flexible plastic, usable for filling, if the bottle is equipped with a mouthpiece
- Cap equipment: Nothing
- Tip Feature: Thick
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: Yes
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 4.16 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Based in Paris, Curious Eliquides is a French brand of e-liquids. Its juices are classified in 3 categories, the classics, the Tea Party range and the Curious Astral Edition range of which the liquid "Centaura" is part.
The liquid is packaged in a clear soft plastic bottle that can hold 60ml of product inserted into a cardboard box, vials with a capacity of 10ml are also available. The nicotine level for vials of 10ml is 0mg / ml while for vials of 60ml it can vary from 0 to 6mg / ml. Indeed, it is clearly stated on the bottle label that the liquid is overdosed and that it is imperative either to mix it with the neutral base to finally obtain a juice having 0mg / ml of nicotine or mix with the pack duo boost to choose either 3 or 6 mg / ml and have a total of 60ml of product perfectly dosed in aromas. The neutral base or the duo boost pack are provided. The Centaura is mounted on a base having a PG / VG ratio of 40 / 60.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of embossed marking for misleading on the label: No
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
The information on legal and safety compliance in force is present on the bottle label and on the box. The label contains the logo of the brand, the name of the liquid with its characteristics regarding the nicotine content, the content of the product in the bottle and the ratio of PG / VG. Also included are warning information on the use of the product and the ingredients of the recipe, these data are written in different languages. The name and contact details of the manufacturer are clearly indicated, as is the best use by date and batch number for traceability of the juice. The only pictogram present is that for people under 18 years, those compared to pregnant women and visually impaired are absent, it is here, initially, with a liquid whose nicotine is nil. Most of these data are included on the cardboard box, except for the batch number and the BBD, which appear only on the bottle.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in line with the price category: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 5 / 5
Comments on the packaging
The version of the "Centaura" for the test is the one having 40ml of product delivered with a duo boost pack in order to obtain a liquid with a nicotine level of 3mg / ml. The packaging is really complete, inserted in a nice cardboard box 40ml jar of juice with a small extra box including the duo boost pack that must be mixed to obtain 60ml perfectly dosed product. The cardboard box is decorated with an illustration reminiscent of the "Cartoon" style representing a centaur, so the design fits perfectly to the name of the juice, above the image is deposited the logo of the mark also indicating the range, then underneath on a white band are the name of the juice with its properties.
On the back of the box are the information on the warnings and the ingredients of the recipe, they are indicated in several languages, then also the name and the coordinates of the manufacturer. The top of the box takes the logo as well as the capacity, the nicotine level and the ratio of PG / VG of the product. The label of the bottle takes exactly the same aesthetic codes as the box, it is very well done and pleasant to look at.
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of odor: Fruity, Sweet, Pastry
- Definition of taste: Sweet, Fruit, Pastry chef
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me: Nothing
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
The "Centaura" offered by Curieux Eliquides is a fruity / gourmand type juice with pear flavors, caramelized rhubarb all the crumble way. At the opening of the bottle the smell is sweet, pleasant, the perfumes of the pear are immediately felt with a very slight smell of biscuit, at the level of olfactory sensations we can already guess the sweet side of the composition. Regarding taste sensations, the liquid is soft and light, the flavors of the pear and those of the caramelized biscuit are identifiable without problem, only rhubarb seems to be a little more complicated to perceive, probably mixed with the sweet flavors of the pear. Regarding the "greedy" aspect of the recipe, it is really well worked, it is really a liquid pleasant to vape and relatively good. The aromatic power of the juice is present, the main flavors component being well felt. The tasting is not disgusting.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 35W
- Type of vapor obtained at this power: Dense
- Hit type obtained at this power: Light
- Atomizer used for the review: Dead Rabbit
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 0.3Ω
- Materials used with the atomizer: Nichrome, Cotton
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
Liquid "Centaura", with a power of 35W, is soft and light. The inspiration is light, the passage in throat and the hit obtained are relatively soft. On expiration, the pear flavors appear first and are followed almost instantly by the flavors of the caramelized biscuit with an extra sweet note at the end of the expiration. The flavors of the caramelized biscuit remain for a short time in the mouth at the end of expiration. The fruity / greedy aspect of the recipe is really well perceived, the tasting is light it is not disgusting.
Depending on the type of print chosen, the flavors of pear and biscuit seem to be more or less pronounced, with a "tight" draw the biscuit spring a little more while with a rather airy draw are the flavors of the pear that take over. For the tasting I therefore opted for a "medium" draw in order to benefit from a good balance of aromas.
- Recommended Moments of the Day: Morning, Morning - Breakfast Coffee, Aperitif, Lunch / Dinner, Late lunch / dinner with a coffee, End of lunch / dinner with a digestive, All afternoon during the activities of all one each, Early evening to relax with a drink, Late night with or without herbal tea
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.72 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
My mood ticket on this juice
The "Centaura" offered by Curieux Eliquides is a fruity / gourmet type juice with pear flavors, caramelized rhubarb crumble.
Regarding taste sensations, the flavors of pear, biscuit and caramel are present, only the flavors of rhubarb seem to be difficult to perceive, no doubt they are mixed with those of the pear. The tasting was sweet and light, the flavors composing the recipe are really good.
We get a truly gourmet liquid, with a touch of fruity all is relatively soft and light, it is not disgusting. In addition, the "Centaura" has a packaging design well worked, pleasant to look at, and well thought about the ability to adjust according to his needs, the desired nicotine.
A "Top Jus" simply deserved for a pleasant fruity sweetness and especially gourmet.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.