- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Titanide
- Price of the tested product: 169 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Titanide, the brand that authentic vapors respect for its simply perfect creations, now offers its catalog mecha, a versatile version of the ancestor of mods.
In the age of high technology, sensors of all kinds, thousands of calculations per second to deliver a vape controlled in its slightest pulses, the mecca is a nerdy Neanderthal, overtaken by the lightning evolution of hardware. Certainly, but he is the only one to compete in all shows across the planet and cloud chasers can not claim to win without him.
It is also the only one to never "break down" and as such, it is essential to the fighter as the simple traveler, who can claim to vape in any weather, anywhere, as long as he can equip with a charged battery and an ato filled with juice.
At Titanide, this concept is rooted in the minds of creators to the point that their mechs are guaranteed for life, so the basic investment is perfectly profitable over time. Entirely designed and made in France, these high-end mods have characteristics and performances that live up to the claim of excellence that they honor in many other respects.
Asteria is an original mod of a piece of equipment that accompanies and you have the choice to go without, if you master perfectly the theoretical and practical contexts, connecting electricity and the equipment that uses it, otherwise, you will steam in security anyway, read on.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 106.2
- Product weight in grams: 150 (with battery)
- Materials constituting the product: Stainless steel, Titanium, Copper, Brass, Gold
- Form Factor Type: Concave Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap (switch)
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 11
- Number of threads: 6
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Above all, let's focus on the object, its design and manufacturing quality, you will discover that a simple mod mecha can also embark on high technology.
The body, the head (top-cap) and the switch of the Astéria are in stainless steel, cut in the mass and benefit from a treatment with titanium carbide, which in addition, gives it this anthracite color and also gives it this aspect soft to the touch and to complete the whole, allows him to reach a high resistance to scratches.
The locking / unlocking ferrule of the switch system is made of gold-plated brass 24 carats, absolutely stainless too.
The contacts of the top-cap are made of copper, that of the brass switch, the latter is equipped with an insulating battery stop gasket.
2 types of adjustable positive pins are provided, the mod can be or not, equipped with an electronic protection system named by Titanide: Re-Fuse, we will come back to it.
The threads are perfectly machined and have no fault assembly of the various parties involved. The overall shape is tubular concave, it is 20mm to the finest and 22mm to the thickest. Ergonomics in hand is significantly more efficient than a cylinder and aesthetically, this brand signature is very finely proportioned.
The non-equipped mod weighs 95g. A degassing vent is laser hollowed out on the body, it takes the stylized T Titanide in 2 parts.
The object is beautiful, solid, well designed and carefully made, cocoricoooo! it's really fun.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes technically it is able, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The mod Meca is synonymous with ease of use, it's a fact, you do not have any concerns of electronic order, settings and other calibrations, stored or updates to perform. Asteria does not give you the time, does not wake up or pufs counter and its "connectivity" to the smartphone is nonexistent, so let's get to the basics, its mechanical options and their features.
The switch first of all, know that it is disassembled entirely by simply unscrewing the negative pin brass (flat screwdriver). 4 parts compose it: the pin and its washer, the spring and the bottom-cap mobile block which serves to establish the contact, by pressure. The race is nice neither hard nor soft, without a hitch. Missfire impossible by the very design of the device, easy maintenance.
The top-cap has an 510 connection and grooves providing an air intake for the atomizers fed from below. In the internal part, on the battery side, the positive pin "receiver" is nested in force through an insulator, it alternately receives two possible contacts: one in 2 parts (contact + wheel for maintaining the length adjustment) which is used in combination with the Re-Fuse, with any 18650 battery (not included) flat or button cap.
The other, single piece, adapts to direct contact with the battery. You first mount the chosen ato, screwing it to the top-cap, then you adjust the stroke of the pin depending on the battery, your setting is correct when nothing moves inside, the battery being in perfect contact with the adjusted / fixed parts.
The ferrule is a mechanical lock whose function you know, depending on its position in contact with the switch or not.
Titanide exclusivity to make this mecan versatile and quite secure, is called Re-Fuse. This is an electronic equipment provided in the package, which will operate 4 most useful features. Just 3,3mm thick, it is placed between the positive pole of the battery and the top-cap, visible component side (towards the top-cap).
It acts as an electronic lock (5 presses the switch to open or close the circuit).
It is a self-resetting fuse: Permanent protection against short circuits, a remarkable advance in the field, because previously, this function was single use most often and rarely reliable after two or three cuts.
It will tolerate all the resistances above 0,17 ohm, allowing to go into sub-ohm without risk of overheating the battery *.
Finally, and this is very good news, it provides protection against excessive discharge of the battery (2.6 V maximum), because it was the remaining charge that remained really the only empirical, sometimes misjudged point of the vape. Meca, the consequences of this risky management may affect the longevity of the batteries and their performance.
*Privilege IMR or LI-Ion batteries with high CDM (High Drain) to vape in ULR, a minimum of 25A, 35A being strongly recommended.
This mod full mechanic or protected mecan made in France is a real gem. The conductivity is excellent, there is no drop-volt (voltage drop) with or without the Re-Fuse, the vape is a pure delight, it will directly depend, autonomously, the choice of resistance values, and the quality of your battery, but will remain smooth and voluptuous, for life!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is nice, original and efficient for what it is intended, a user manual is provided in French of course.
You will find in this package, the mod, a plastic protective box to store your Re-Fuse, the second pin to go from full to protected (or vice versa), all preserved in a softly covered foam "velvet" black.
The black cardboard box is drawer type, it is stamped Titanide in silver lettering, the curve, dear to designers, is found in the junction of the box and its "cover", sober and classy.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This mod mecha is the first of its kind to have a system of electronic protections that makes it accessible to all vapers. In full mechanics, however, it remains similar to others and its use will be conditioned by your experience and mastery of editing, as well as your knowledge of electric laws in direct current.
Whatever your option of use, you will have to take care of the choice of the battery, one will never repeat it enough, the vape in ULR demands a capacity of discharge in peak and continuous of this last one, expressed in ampere (A) , shown on its plastic protection. To help you in your choice consult the site, reference in the field: Akku DB here: http://www.dampfakkus.de/.
Your mod does not require any particular maintenance, however, the cleanliness of the threads as well as that of the contacts will condition its conductivity. From time to time, polish the copper and brass parts when they are oxidized, that's all.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 22mm diameter, sub ohm mountings
- Description of the test configuration used: Mirage EVO 0,33 ohm, 18650 35A
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Any assembly up to 1,5ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Vapelier devotes several magazines to this unavoidable French brand, it's time!, For the past five years, Titanide offers superb mods, the philosophy of designers is that of enthusiasts:
"We like to think that beauty is timeless and that it must be accessible to everyone, from men and women, novice vapers looking for reliability, to confirmed vapers in search of performance."
Accessible to all certainly, but these objects remain a relatively expensive investment to purchase. This timeless status is however not reserved for beauty, Titanide guaranteeing you his life creations.
Astéria has all the characteristics of an exceptional mod, its simplicity of use and its durability make it a companion that you can trust in any circumstance, it is certainly a good investment, effective and beautiful besides. This Top Mod is well deserved.
Asteria will join my small collection, since the time I look at the mods of this brand, I will not resist, the vape in Mecca deserves that we grant him the best possible material, I found it, I am filled.
Happy vape to all, see you soon for the rest of the adventure, do not hesitate, we are at your disposal, do not forget that the vape is entirely shaped by his community, nothing we has been imposed, that's what makes it so strong.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.