- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: CigServices
- Price of the tested product: 129.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 150 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Ah ... Sigelei! The veterans of the vape have known the Chinese brand that had the reputation, a couple of years ago, of releasing robust, reliable equipment that represented somewhere the high end of Chinese hardware. Between the Zmax, the Zmax mini, some well-seen mechanics, the brand had sat its recognition with the vapers by its adjusted tariffs and the quality of its achievements.
Then, there was the episode of the Legend, then that of 20W then 30W .... mods that will not remain in the annals of the genre because of their average reliability and recurring problems of e-liquid running on the chipset and making impossible the display or the operation ... It was the black era of Sigelei, an era that the builder tries to forget by leaving today mods well worked and varied to stick more closely to the ever-changing demand of fans of aromatic clouds.
The 150W represents today, pending the imminent arrival of the 150TC equipped with temperature control, the top of the range and claims to be able to reach high power while ensuring great versatility and a nice autonomy in quiet vape.
Positioned in front of the IPV 3 in this segment, the brand will have to work hard to win, especially since the 150W arrives at a price of about 129 €, or about fifteen euros extra and also has the chance to be powered by a very popular chipset, the Yihi SX330V3.
So the 150W has not come disarmed, quite the contrary, and he intends to be heard!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 19
- Product Length or Height in mms: 103.2
- Product weight in grams: 237.6
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 4 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The 150W is therefore a box-size mod, of large size, which hosts 2 18650 batteries. I recall to this effect, as the manufacturer in its manual, it is essential to use batteries of the same brand and the same model to obtain a consistent and stable power system. Also, make sure that both batteries have the same level of charge. The size of the box will probably be a brake for small hands but yet it remains comfortable, thanks to a measured width, a good balance of masses once equipped with an ato and a sanded finish, pleasant against the skin.
The finish does not suffer from any obvious reproach. The assemblages are excellent, I want proof of the introduction of the magnetic cover access to the battery that is a joy to remove or surrender and that offers the supreme luxury not to move a hair in use thanks to two guides that block the hood laterally and vertically. The vents are below the mod and appear sized to cope with any overheating problem.
The switch is very nice because of good size and very flexible. It is easily found under the finger because its relief surrounded by a plastic ring makes it inevitable. The interface buttons, "+" and "-" are smaller but just as effective and are perfectly located above the Oled screen. The screen itself has excellent visibility thanks to a table format divided into four sections: one for the power, the other for the voltage, the third for the charge of the batteries and the last for the display of the resistance.
The selected parameters of the mod can be blocked by simultaneously pressing the "+" and "-" keys and unlocking them in the same way. Press the switch five times to turn the system on or off.
It's classic but practical and it does not take fifteen days to learn ...
The contour of the mod is chamfered and no sharp edge comes to annoy the grip. It's comfort!
- Type of chipset used: Yihi
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the 150W are limited. You will not find here possibilities of loading by micro USB. You will have to remove the batteries and load them on a good external charger, which in my humble opinion is less convenient but much better for the life of the batteries and their performance.
You will not find a possibility to reverse the direction of the screen.
And no more the possibility of setting presets as on the IPV3.
By cons, the 150W offer interesting features in terms of protections. In addition to those listed above, there is an internal PCB temperature sensor that will tell you if the temperature is too high. Which is always useful to keep his mod in good condition as long as possible.
The installation of the batteries is easy. The measurements made show a good regularity of the smoothing and latency between the fire and the heating of the coil almost non-existent. Sigelei seems to have wanted to promote the reliability and quality of rendering at the expense of the multiplication of features and personally, this is an approach that I appreciate.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is certainly rudimentary: a simple cardboard box with mod and instructions but pretty classy in its appearance with a matte black background color and logos and mentions in silver and bright red. It's simple but it makes its effect.
The manual in English is well made and does not skip common sense recommendations to avoid accidents. What more regret that it is bilingual, but in English and Chinese only. 😕
The real "plus" objective of this packaging that significantly raises its rating is the inclusion of a free silicone cover beautifully crafted that will prevent property damage to your 150W in case of a fall or mechanical incident. What's more, this cover fits the shapes of the 150W without being painful to put on or take off.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Notwithstanding the size of the box which we have already spoken, nothing comes to upset the use. The mod is stable, efficient and very autonomous.
Unlike a lot of boxes typed "high power", the 150W does not miss the quiet vape. Between 15 and 20W, the rendering is very coherent, very smooth and does not crush the flavors. We feel that the chipset programming has been well thought out to cover the entire spectrum of available power. The vape is sweet and will perfectly accompany your RBA between 0.7 and 2Ω (although Sigelei can reach 3Ω).
Between the very low cascading resistance (0.1Ω), the power that can be reached and the internal protections, the practice of sub-ohm and power-vaping activities is greatly facilitated and secured. 70W on a Haze mounted in 0.2Ω, we are already on the heavy at the level of the rendering. At 100W, it continues to climb with joy and beware of dry-hits. I did a test at 150W but I must admit that the duration of my breath was short even if the cloud could have been a support for all the gods of Olympus together ...
The maximum intensity that can deliver the mod is about 30A and so to really reach the promised 150W, it will be necessary "to be satisfied" of a resistance between 0.16 and 0.4Ω.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All atomizers, clearomizers, drippers whose diameter does not exceed 23mm .... it's crowded!
- Description of the test configuration used: 150W + Mutation X, + Haze, + Subtank Mini in 0.5Ω, + Taifun Gt
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good big dripper of power-vaping !!!!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Would we witness the return of the legendary Sigelei? The one we had not seen at the head of the gondola for some time after the more or less happy wanderings of the previous tubes?
In any case, the 150W is not there to do the figuration. Well built, well finished, with a powerful and versatile chipset, the mod comes to us under the best auspices and does better than being competitive.
If it is not the aura of the same aura as its direct competitor, IPV 3, I find it when me better finished, more pleasant in hand and especially more versatile. At the level of raw power, he does not cheat and is placed in direct confrontation with his model without blushing the comparison. It gains against the low power or its programming allows it to shine also where IPV 3 is not necessarily the most comfortable.
Excellent material, well built and looking to last. Just 10% too expensive compared to the market but this does not come under any circumstances to exploit its intrinsic qualities.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.