- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: the world of the vape
- Price of the tested product: 119.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 100 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kamry surfs on the current boxing mode and offers us a brand new range which is the Kamry 100. This electronic box hits hard by investing a look resolutely "steampunk" or retro-vintage by the joint use of wood, a pretty dark rosewood in my case and an aged metal. All giving a maximum power of 100W, in two stages as very often in this case: a Normal mode and a Super mode that is engaged or disengaged by pressing the switch three times.
The 100 uses two 18650 rechargeable batteries, an easy-to-open battery door with a finger, a well-integrated Oled display on the top cap of the mod, is rechargeable by micro-USB and uses an endless wheel to adjust the power. .
A new arrival in the world of boxs, which offers the price of 120 €, which places it in the market prices for this type of equipment, while offering a unique aesthetic that can quite seduce vapers in search for originality.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 32
- Product Length or Height in mms: 101.7
- Product weight in grams: 323
- Material composing the product: Wood
- Form Factor Type: Side Tubes - Type Vamo Mukey Double Barrel
- Decorative Style: Steam Punk Universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The mod uses two types of materials:
Rosewood is a dense and solid wood, very used in violin for example and has the distinction of not being too sensitive to moisture. The veining is very beautiful and the bending applied to have a dual-tube appearance is totally successful. It's nice in hand, very warm and rare enough in the current "moderie" to be attractive.
The metal used to complete the wood in the "Jules Verne" spirit of the 100 is a specific alloy, the Zamak 2 (or kirksite) which is an alloy mainly in zinc which also contains aluminum and copper among others. Its conductivity is equivalent to that of brass and it has the advantage of being able to be molded industrially. It is an alloy of a good hardness. In hand, it seems relatively sensitive to the miCro-scratches, so be careful not to squeeze your atomizers too hard.
The access door to the housing of the batteries is a real good surprise because it unlocks a finger and releases easy access. Note the use of brass studs on springs to stall the batteries. Even on the inside, the finish is excellent and the batteries are guided in metal tubes (probably aluminum).
The power control dial is a great idea because it allows you to adjust without having to change your hand position. Incrementation and decrementation are only done per watt, not tenth here. This may be a psychological brake for some. Personally, I did not see any major inconvenience.
The switch is a bit rattling when manipulating the mod but in use, it has no particular defect. It is pleasant to handle and very flexible.
The mod is loaded with protections and has a cut-off 8s to prevent overheating of integrated circuits. If this short cut-off is completely understandable at high power, it is regrettable that it is not adjustable to vape longer puffs at power below 20W for example.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Good and bad things in this area:
I regret the impossibility to adjust the 510 connection one way or another. However, in fact, I have not encountered any problem with the dozen atomizers that I put on it.
Regrettable also that the chipset does not retain the settings during a possible battery change even if we must temper this "default" by considering that the mod is rechargeable by micro-usb and that access to the batteries is not not mandatory.
The accuracy of the output voltage or power of the mod will largely compensate for these defects. Similarly, the error messages are clear and understandable. No more esoteric codes that forced to have the record permanently on oneself.
In fact, I recognize only one really troublesome defect: the impossibility to vaper when the mod is in charge. A pass-through function would not have been so difficult to implement and the ease of use would have been greatly improved. Pity.
The locking and unlocking of the mod are obtained by clicking on the swtich five times. It's classic and effective.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging remains entirely coherent. A hardboard box containing a very dense foam perfectly protects the mod during transport. The notice, which shows the characteristics of the 100 but also the 200 of the same family, is relatively exhaustive and clear. As of course, she is not in French .... We also have a warranty card and ... that's all.
Compared to the mod price, we could have hoped for a more efficient packaging but we remain in a correct average. The manufacturer does not care about the customer but does not give gifts either.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this mod is very easy to use and its balance can even make forget its weight, very consequent. It will probably not be suitable for small hands because, although its size is contained for a mod dual-battery, it remains nevertheless important in the absolute.
The rendering is very consistent and very interesting. Kamry has created his own chipset here to power the machine and it's successful. We get a sweet vape, very voluptuous, a little in the spirit of Provari 2 series. I loved to vape because, if the power is at the rendezvous, the mod provides a vape smooth, pleasant and well regulated. The power seems available quickly, no diesel effect and does not oscillate during the puff taken.
It should be noted that the mod will only provide 100W with resistances between 0.5Ω and 0.7Ω, according to the following table:
|Resistance in Ω||Power in W|
|Phone 0.5||7 to 100|
|Phone 0.4||7 to 80|
|Phone 0.3||7 to 60|
|Phone 0.2||7 to 50|
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer or clearomizer is possible, including those of large diameter.
- Description of the test configuration used: 100 + various rebuildable atomizers and drippers.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A dripper mounted in 0.6Ω to take advantage of the maximum operating range of the mod.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The major quality of Kamry 100 is to allow us to vape otherwise. Beautiful with its veined wood body very smooth and warm. Powerful with 100W under the hood. Standalone with "normal" power with the two 18650 batteries. Easy with its adjustment wheel. It will seduce vapers who like to distinguish themselves or even have a beautiful object in a noble material.
As we have seen above, it is not for all that free from defects. Some do not present any gene to use but others may be confusing or even come as annoying as the impossibility of vape pass-throught.
But, at the time of the assessment, the positive prevails widely and if the mod is not given, we can still consider that the price / quality ratio is very favorable. It remains to this Kamry mod to find his customers among the power and wood lovers! The Kamry 100 demonstrates in a beautiful way that the two are far from incompatible.
A last reminder but important: make sure to use this mod with two batteries of the same brand and type, with a large CDM to best serve the power of the mod while preserving the life of your batteries and not take any risks. Because of its technical possibilities, this mod is thus rather aimed at confirmed vapers.
In short, a nice success that should help to put Kamry in the current panorama of the vape.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.